Friday, December 4, 2020

The GOP can go to Hell

We have abandoned hill after hill on the cultural battleground to maintain civility.  Now we stand upon the final dunes, our backs to the sea.  Shall we choose to walk into the sea and end this great nation, merely because our enemies demand that we do so else they call us rude names, or shall we stand and fight for what is rightfully ours?

I swore an oath.  "This we'll defend" is not merely an empty slogan, but a promise.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

If the enemy blatantly stealing a Presidential election and gloating about what they'll do to us all when they gain power isn't worth fighting for, then nothing ever will be.

Now is the time to prepare your mind and your soul.  Now is the time to bond with your neighbors.  We will not survive the storm by each defending his own home from the waves.  As Ben Franklin said, "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Do I desire the coming storm?  No.  Do I instigate the storm?  No.  As Patrick Henry stated, "The war is already upon us!"  I am not a great orator as he was.  I am not a great leader of men.  I am certainly no politician.  I am merely a patriot, and a man of honor.  That apparently makes me the enemy of both major political parties here in the USA - the evil party and the appeasement party.

I swore an oath.  What I must do to fulfill that oath remains to be seen.  But I will do my duty.  My life, my fortune, my sacred honor.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  Duty demands it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove egregiously profane or abusive comments, spam, and anything else that really annoys me. Feel free to agree or disagree, but let's keep this reasonably civil.